Saturday, March 14, 2009

done... what's next?

WOW!  My first warp is complete!  I finished yesterday.  I have 4 different pieces using 4 different treadlings.  The first became a dish towel and is complete.  The other three pieces will be used to create a summer top.  I wove 3 yards of one treadling... and then a yard of another and about 20 inches at the end of the warp in a diamond design.  The yard length piece was purely experimental weaving 3 repeats of treadles 1-4 and 2 repeats of treadles 5-6.  It was similar to weaving on opposites creating blocks.  
Ah... having 8 shafts to play with is such fun!

1 comment:

  1. Nice - I look forward to seeing the summer top! Love the colour and sounds like you had fun playing with different treadlings...

    Happy Weaving,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete