Monday, June 22, 2009

Grey Days

Gee... here it is the 2nd day of summer and it's still cool and grey!  Where's the sunshine?  My hubby and I are playing dueling laptops while our PWD pup Kizi is sacked out on the settee. Lazy day! I need to turn the computer off and take up my needles again and knit!

I have been working on Nora Gaughn's Eastlake sweater using Bristol's Lyndon Hill 85% Pima Cotton and 15% silk.  The yarn is a bit thin for the pattern so its very open and light, but I think I like it that way.  It will make a great summer sweater.  Someone on Ravelry knit it with short sleeves and it looked great... so I may do that. OR... I may knit it with long sleeves instead of the 3/4 length and wear it with a shirt underneath.  The lacey effect of the leaves may be a bit revealing!  It's gone very quickly and I'm already on the 32nd row!

No comments:

Post a Comment